As you are aware, we have no word from government on when golf courses can open. We can open safely and allow people the freedom to get outside, get some exercise, and get their minds off COVID-19. As we move to some sense of normalcy in Alberta, the golf industry will be among the first to move forward.
The NGCOA has given golf courses direction and provided examples of best practices that should be implemented at courses. Below is a compilation of those Pipestone will be following. The list is never complete and modifications will be made as required and to be responsive to our patrons needs.
• Provide clear professional signage informing guests of operational changes and encourage recommended sanitation practices and social distancing expectations.
• Increase the frequency of cleaning, sanitation and disinfecting of all locations, especially high traffic areas such as counter surfaces, tables, public restrooms, door handles, and more.
• Increase the number of hand sanitizer stations throughout the clubhouse, especially entry points and lobby.
• Encourage golfers and staff to refrain from handshakes or any other contact.
• Conduct meetings by phone or online wherever possible. For in-person meetings, ensure safe social distancing (6+ feet) between attendees.
• Use ‘call-ahead, take-out’ or to-go service.
• Consider designating a 'no-contact' pick up spot outside clubhouse main door.
• Encourage prepayment by phone.
• Implement ‘tap’ credit and debit card payments to reduce hand-to-hand contact.
• Ensure beverage carts are cleaned and sanitized before reuse; sanitize all touch-points of both employee and customer.
• Restrict the number of people inside the clubhouse at any given time.
• Remove bulk scorecard, pencil, and tee holders from open areas. Only issue when requested.
• Eliminate club rentals.
• Allow for prepayment of range baskets, etc. which can be prepared ahead of time and placed in a designated area for pick-up limiting social interaction.
• Monitor need to increase tee-time intervals to further increase the social distancing protocols.
• Limit the amount of time a golfer may arrive at the course prior to their tee-time – suggested 15 minutes prior.
• Encourage golfers to walk.
• Allow 2 rider carts only for members of the same household.
• Increase use of a player’s assistant/marshal on the golf course to make sure players are practicing physical distancing
• Remove ball washers or tape them shut.
• Remove all garbage stations and ask golfers to take their garbage with them after their round.
• Temporarily remove bunker rakes.
• Direct players to leave the pin in the cup at all times.
• Bring range ball baskets into the pro shop to wipe down handles after each use.
• Ensure range balls are cleaned thoroughly with soap after every pick up prior to making available for customers.
• Remove all non-essential devices from the range, such as bag stands.
• Close on-course washrooms.
Please do not hesitate to correspond with us regarding new policies and procedures as they are implemented through email firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the clubhouse 780 766-2720